These codes of conduct are not exhaustive, and DAO citizens should exercise their own judgment in applying them.
- Act in the best interests of the DAO – As a DAO citizen, your primary responsibility is to act in the best interests of the DAO.
- Non-discrimination – Do not discriminate against other DAO citizens based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic. The DAO is committed to inclusivity and diversity, and discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Transparency – You should be transparent in your decision-making and communication with the DAO community.
- Avoid conflicts of interest – You should avoid any conflicts of interest that may compromise the DAO’s objectives or operations. Disclose any conflicts of interest that may arise and recuse yourself from decision-making in such situations.
- Professionalism – Conduct yourself professionally in all interactions related to the DAO. Be respectful, fair, and courteous in your dealings with other DAO citizens, and the wider community.
- Collaboration – Work collaboratively with other DAO citizens to achieve the DAO’s objectives. Encourage feedback, ideas, and input from the community to improve the DAO’s operations.
- Respectful and constructive discourse – Engage in respectful and constructive discourse with other DAO citizens. Avoid personal attacks, harassment, or disrespectful behavior in all interactions related to the DAO.
Additionally, the DAO established a clear mechanism for reporting and addressing violations of the code of conduct. This mechanism consists of Member proposals which are subject to voting. If the DAO votes for banning a Member, then their rights to vote and participate in community communication channels is nulled.