These codes of conduct are not exhaustive, and IAO citizens should exercise their own judgment in applying them.
- Act in the best interests of the IAO – As a IAO citizen, your primary responsibility is to act in the best interests of the IAO.
- Non-discrimination – Do not discriminate against other IAO citizens based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic. The IAO is committed to inclusivity and diversity, and discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Transparency – You should be transparent in your decision-making and communication with the IAO community.
- Avoid conflicts of interest – You should avoid any conflicts of interest that may compromise the IAO’s objectives or operations. Disclose any conflicts of interest that may arise and recuse yourself from decision-making in such situations.
- Professionalism – Conduct yourself professionally in all interactions related to the IAO. Be respectful, fair, and courteous in your dealings with other IAO citizens, and the wider community.
- Collaboration – Work collaboratively with other IAO citizens to achieve the IAO’s objectives. Encourage feedback, ideas, and input from the community to improve the IAO’s operations.
- Respectful and constructive discourse – Engage in respectful and constructive discourse with other IAO citizens. Avoid personal attacks, harassment, or disrespectful behavior in all interactions related to the IAO.
Additionally, the IAO established a clear mechanism for reporting and addressing violations of the code of conduct. This mechanism consists of Member proposals which are subject to voting. If the IAO votes for banning a Member, then their rights to vote and participate in community communication channels is nulled.